Portland Area Highlights
you a book lover? Powell’s City of Books is one of the world’s great bookstores and a Portland treasure.
On Friday, July 9,
from 2:30-3:00pm we
have arranged a free ½ hour tour of Powell’s bookstore for thirty ISRCAP members. There will be a sign-up
sheet at the registration desk on
Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. You may read about the history of Powell’s City of Books
using the link below.
Wondering about where
to eat in Portland? Michael Russell, restaurant and food reporter and critic for The Oregonian, Portland’s daily
newspaper recently posted his annual review of Portland’s best 101 restaurant’s. The review is called Diner
2015. Here is the link.
Below is a list of resources for your time in Portland.
- Getting Around - Learn how easy it is to travel by light rail, streetcar, bus, bike, foot or car.
- Maps - Find maps of the city and region and specialized transportation maps.
- Food & Drink - Discover why Condé Nast Traveler says Portland "has captured the imagination of food-obsessed Americans.”
- Activities & Attractions - Portland's unexpected attractions range from gardens and museums to retailers of coffee, doughnuts and books, while
tax-free shopping, cycling and hiking top the to-do list.
- Dining, Events, & Transport - Find the answers to your questions with several resources on getting around and enjoying Portland.
- Weather - Figure out what to pack with a description of what
each of the seasons are like, and a 5-day forecast to use as the conference approaches.
- Travel Videos - Read travel guides and watch short videos showing
what Portland has to offer.